The Duplo 350 Booklet Maker System is a fully automatic premium booklet-making solution for mid-volume commercial printers and in-plants. Combining the convenience of the DBM-350 Booklet maker and the power of the DSC-10/60 Collator. This system is capable of producing up to 3000 A5 booklets per hour and collating up to 10,000 A4 sets per hour. Starting with this system allows you to join a growth path for your business. Adapt and change the system as your needs develop by changing the collator to a sheet feeder for sequentially printed jobs; Or the booklet maker to a larger, faster alternative from the Duplo range.
Built around the DSC-10/60, a heavy-duty feeding system, provides the user with the power, reliability and flexibility to handle a wide range of material with consistent results. Handles Heavy stock, laminated, pre-folded, whether produced from a digital or offset press. The Duplo AMS (Air Management System) allows the operator to fine tune air control for each feed tray for reliable feeding. Using Block Mode which enables the feed trays to be loaded on the run, further improves productivity. Whilst the optional Ultrasonic kit automatically identifies double sheets, a superior feature to common light-based detection systems especially for heavy cover stock.
Integrates the Duplo DBM350T
To the left is the DBM-350 Booklet maker and Trimmer. A compact integrated system that sets up automatically from job memories to stitch, fold and fore-edge trim to create a booklet or flat document. A wide variety of booklet formats from smaller-than-CD to A4 portrait finished size are possible. The DBM350T incorporates powerful stitching heads for high volume booklet making applications. Stitching heads ensure higher productivity and less down time with up to 50,000 stitched booklets created from each spool. Another useful feature of the DBM350T is the spine press, this flattens the spine prior to trimming and gives a flatter finish to your booklets.
Connecting the collator and booklet maker is a transport unit with reject tray to out-sort incorrect sets. Allowing operation to continue without interruption, another feature that maintains automatic quality control and production levels without unnecessary stoppages. For when you don’t want to make booklets. Divert the collator to the right side and collect sets in a simple jogger or deep pile stacker. Useful for preparing NCR sets, packs of marketing material, or documents to be wire or perfect bound.
The optional Duplo DSS350 Square Spine can be added to create professional looking booklets with a perfect bound effect.
Service the production from offset and multiple digital presses without being restricted to one print engine. The 350 Booklet System provides the platform that lets you translate a wide variety of media, into a range of sizes to meet your customer demands.
Duplo is a Japanese company which was established in 1951. Manufacturing one of the first duplicators in the print industry. In 1959, Duplo got its name “Duplo” coming from the word “Duplicator”. Duplo is now the leading supplier of print finishing equipment in the world having launched over 50 product ranges.
Today Duplo is dedicated to turning paper into great communication, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with printed media. Duplo lead the world in the field of Multi Function Finishing Machines with the DC618, DC648 & DC746. Duplo were the first to bring this style of machine to market with the latest evolutions offering incredible performance and automation. Their booklet making ranges are just as impressive, starting with the entry level DBM150 through to the iSaddle systems, a solution for every requirement.
5 Reasons to Buy a Duplo 350 Booklet Maker System
- Powerful automated booklet making solution with Stitching Heads
- Consistent and reliable feeding of a wide range of media up to 300gsm
- Collate only at high speeds of up to 10,000 sets per hour
- Modular design grows as your business demands change or expand
- Produce up to 3,000 booklets per hour
Typical Applications – Duplo 350 Booklet Maker System
- Order of Service
- Instruction Manuals
- Training Manuals
Duplo DBM350T Specifications
- Maximum Sheet Size Booklets (W x L) – 320 x 460mm
- Minimum Sheet Size Booklets (W x L) – 148 x 210mm
- Maximum Sheet Size Side or Corner Stapling (W x L) – 215 x 297mm
- Minimum Sheet Size Side or Corner Stapling (W x L) – 182 x 257mm
- Paper Capacity – 20 Sheets + Cover x 1 (300gsm+)
- Cover Type – Art Coated up to 300gsm
- Stapling Thickness – Fine Quality up to 2.0mm regardless of paper weight / Art Coated up to 1.9mm regardless of paper weight
- Trimming Capacity – 4 to 50 sheets
- Trimming Waste Width – 1 to 20mm
- Max Processing Speed – Up to 3,000 Cycles per Hour
- Number of Stitching Heads – 2
- Stitch Positions – Saddle, Fold Only, Corner & Side
- Adjustments – Independent Stitch & Fold Position Adjustment, Independent Skew Adjustment for Stitch, Fold & Trim.
- Error Detections – Double Feed, Miss Feed, Bin Empty, Paper Jam, Staple Near Empty, Cover Open, Stop Position Error, Motor Overload, Fold Roller Gap Setting
- Operation Panel – LCD Display
- Noise Emission – 75db (A)
- Dimensions (W x D x H) – 2,740 x 650 x 1,030mm
- Net Weight – 310kgs
- Power Requirement – 230V, 50Hz, 3.8A – Normal UK Plug
Duplo DSC 10/60 Collator Specifications
- Number of Bins – 10 to 40
- Bin Capacity – 65mm
- Sheet Length – 148 to 610mm
- Sheet Width – 105 to 350mm
- Paper Weight – 50 to 300gsm
- Paper Type – Sheet, Folded, Cross Folded, Envelope (Option)
- Detection – Double Feed, Miss-Feed, Paper Jam, Ultrasonic (Option)
- Feed System – Vacuum Belt with Air Sheet Separation (AMS)
- Other Features – Cover Insert Function, Alternate Mode, Block Mode, Processing Speed, Paper Overlap.
Overall System Dimensions
- Single Tower System (W x D x H) – 3,280 x 1,180 x 1,972mm
- Twin Tower System (W x D x H) – 4,630 x 1,180 x 1,972mm
Introducing our unique Alliance Package. Our support does not cease once we make the sale or agree on a deal. At AfterPrint Ltd we are unique; our aim is to develop long-term business relationships that ensure you return to buy again when the time comes.
To ensure we are offering the most comprehensive package all of our Digital Finishing Solutions come complete with our unique Alliance Service Package. This package ensures your new purchase is taken care of correctly from day 1 and throughout your ownership of the product, to do this we include:
- A Pre-Delivery Inspection is conducted on every machine prior to shipment
- A site survey will be conducted prior to shipping to ensure the delivery goes smoothly
- Specialist instrument logistics companies with freight insurance are used for delivery
- All deliveries are completed with Tail-Lift equipped vehicles & a minimum two-person team
- Customers are offered suitable timed delivery slots with a 2 Hour delivery window
- Our Installation Team will arrive at an agreed time to complete the installation (Normally on the same day as the delivery unless otherwise specified)
- The installation team will complete a thorough check of all processes and operations of the machine against the PDI checklist
- If the machine has been split into smaller components for delivery, the installation team will re-build the machine onsite
- Standard installation is ground floor with direct access, splitting the machine and re-building will not incur extra charges
- Installations required on upper floors will require lift access or extra charges will be incurred. All charges will be made clear and agreed upon before the installation date.
- Training will be conducted by our trained and certified Specialist Training Team
- Training includes Best Working Practices for Safe Operation, General Operation, Staple Head Loading, Jam Prevention, Trimmer Adjustments
- All trained operatives will be issued with an official training certificate from our Certified Trainers (Certificates are created and posted within 7-10 days of training completion)
- Training is completed in small groups of up to three people maximum
- Training is normally completed on the same day as the installation
12 Month Manufacturer Warranty
- Manufacturer Warranty on all parts from the date of installation
- All Manufacturer warranties do not include labour, travel or identifying of parts (See Service Section)
12 Month Alliance Service Benefits
- 20% Discount on All Parts (Discount will be taken from Standard UK Sales Price of each Part)
- Direct Technical Team Access on the first phone call to discuss the fault (this will speed up any part requirements and offer a solution if possible that the operator can implement)
- Guaranteed next day appointment for an engineer to be onsite (Technical team will allocate during the initial phone conversation and confirm)
- Technical Team will identify if parts could be needed to resolve the issue, parts will be dispatched the same day so the engineer can meet parts on-site and perform the repair
- Parts will only be requested for payment once the parts are fitted and the machine is operational (All parts will be paid on account)
- 3 Month Warranty on all parts we fit (Manufacturer standard warranty is 30 days)
- No Call-Out Charges for Emergency Calls
- No Travel Charges for Emergency Calls
- No Labour Charges (Includes all-time on-site under normal contract conditions)
- 2 Preventative Maintenance visits per annum
- Call out priority given to customers on an agreement (Contracts will take precedence over an Ad-Hoc call out)
- Unlimited Emergency Call Outs – Within reason, Excludes intentional damage
- Free Technical Advice on how to set up machinery or complete certain tasks