The Duplo DB290 is a feature-rich, compact Perfect Binding Machine which incorporates a user-friendly, intuitive control panel. Although classed as an entry-level model, the DB290 is still a highly capable solution aimed at the short-run digital print market. A key feature of the Duplo DB290 is flexibility. Capable of producing three different finishes on one machine including softback binding, tape binding as well as padding.
The compact desktop design is deceiving, the DB290 is still a powerful binder capable of producing up to 200 books per hour. A milling and notching station ensures perfect spine preparation. Whilst twin glue application rollers ensure a consistent application of glue across the full spine length. Built-in side glue rollers evenly apply a 7mm bead of glue along the spine edge. Before the polished steel nipping station merges the cover to the document and forms the spine. The whole process is completed at the touch of a button.
Perfectly suited to short and medium-run volumes of both lithographic and digital print. Combine with the latest Planamelt R Digital Adhesives to guarantee a perfect bond on even the most difficult of stock. Planamelt R behaves like traditional EVA and yet offers 95% of the binding strength of PUR. This combination with the DB290 not only adds incredible flexibility but also easy setup and zero clean down after use.
Duplo is a Japanese company which was established in 1951, manufacturing one of the first duplicators in the print industry. In 1959, Duplo got its name “Duplo” coming from the word “Duplicator”. Duplo is now the leading supplier of print finishing equipment in the world having launched over 50 product ranges.
Today Duplo is dedicated to turning paper into great communication, pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with printed media. Duplo lead the world in the field of Multi Function Finishing Machines with the DC618, DC648 & DC746. Duplo were the first to bring this style of machine to market with the latest evolutions offering incredible performance and automation. Their booklet making ranges are just as impressive, starting with the entry level DBM150 through to the iSaddle systems, a solution for every requirement.
5 Reasons to Buy a Duplo DB290
- Compatible with Planamelt R digital adhesives – works with both litho and digital print
- Binds up to 200 books per hour
- Full spine preparation, spine gluing and side gluing in one pass
- Very simple to use with one operator
- Three functions on one machine – soft cover binding, tape binding and padding
Typical Applications – Duplo DB290
- On-demand perfect binding
- Perfect binding digital prints when combined with Planamelt R
- Full colour brochures
- Soft back books
- Tear off NCR pads
- Basic notepads
- Instruction manuals
- Training manuals
Introducing our unique Alliance Package. Our support does not cease once we make the sale or agree on a deal. At AfterPrint Ltd we are unique; our aim is to develop long-term business relationships that ensure you return to buy again when the time comes.
To ensure we are offering the most comprehensive package all of our Digital Finishing Solutions come complete with our unique Alliance Service Package. This package ensures your new purchase is taken care of correctly from day 1 and throughout your ownership of the product, to do this we include:
- A Pre-Delivery Inspection is conducted on every machine prior to shipment
- A site survey will be conducted prior to shipping to ensure the delivery goes smoothly
- Specialist instrument logistics companies with freight insurance are used for delivery
- All deliveries are completed with Tail-Lift equipped vehicles & a minimum two-person team
- Customers are offered suitable timed delivery slots with a 2 Hour delivery window
- Our Installation Team will arrive at an agreed time to complete the installation (Normally on the same day as the delivery unless otherwise specified)
- The installation team will complete a thorough check of all processes and operations of the machine against the PDI checklist
- If the machine has been split into smaller components for delivery, the installation team will re-build the machine onsite
- Standard installation is ground floor with direct access, splitting the machine and re-building will not incur extra charges
- Installations required on upper floors will require lift access or extra charges will be incurred. All charges will be made clear and agreed upon before the installation date.
- Training will be conducted by our trained and certified Specialist Training Team
- Training includes Best Working Practices for Safe Operation, General Operation, Binding Styles & Glue Up Keep
- All trained operatives will be issued with an official training certificate from our Certified Trainers (Certificates are created and posted within 7-10 days of training completion)
- Training is completed in small groups of up to three people maximum
- Training is normally completed on the same day as the installation
12 Month Manufacturer Warranty
- Manufacturer Warranty on all parts from the date of installation
- All Manufacturer warranties do not include labour, travel or identifying of parts (See Service Section)
12 Month Alliance Service Benefits
- 20% Discount on All Parts (Discount will be taken from Standard UK Sales Price of each Part)
- Direct Technical Team Access on the first phone call to discuss the fault (this will speed up any part requirements and offer a solution if possible that the operator can implement)
- Guaranteed next day appointment for an engineer to be onsite (Technical team will allocate during the initial phone conversation and confirm)
- Technical Team will identify if parts could be needed to resolve the issue, parts will be dispatched the same day so the engineer can meet parts on-site and perform the repair
- Parts will only be requested for payment once the parts are fitted and the machine is operational (All parts will be paid on account)
- 3 Month Warranty on all parts we fit (Manufacturer standard warranty is 30 days)
- No Call-Out Charges for Emergency Calls
- No Travel Charges for Emergency Calls
- No Labour Charges (Includes all-time on-site under normal contract conditions)
- 2 Preventative Maintenance visits per annum
- Call out priority given to customers on an agreement (Contracts will take precedence over an Ad-Hoc call out)
- Unlimited Emergency Call Outs – Within reason, Excludes intentional damage
- Free Technical Advice on how to set up machinery or complete certain tasks