The Grafcut GC-480 Pro 4 is a dedicated casemaker for the production of hard cover cases. The Pro 4 offers impressive performance and is capable of producing between 240-300 cases per hour with a single operator. The impressive performance is thanks to its ability to close all 4 sides and corners in one pass utilising two turning in modules. Further additions include a vacuum conveyor table which automatically drives the glued cases into the first turning in module and automated guides which lift and lower automatically. This combination ensures the operator has a smooth uninterrupted production work flow. Whilst the intuitive touch screen controller, powered by Grafcut’s own software, ensures all adjustments and operation changes are at your fingertips.
Furthermore, unlike other systems the GC-480 Pro 4 does not require a compressed air supply. Uniquely for this type of product the entire system works mechanically, very quietly, reliably and without the complication of outside power or air sources. The GC-480 Pro 4 provides bespoke control over the size, thickness and design of your own on-demand hard cover cases, the possibilities are endless!
Operating the GC-480 Pro 4
Operating the GC-480 Pro 4 could not be simpler, everything is within easy reach of the central operator position. For extra convenience, the operator can position the touch screen to suit. An adjustable margin rail, which adjusts for both depth and height, ensures quick and easy setup on a wide variety of media types and sizes. The board guides are also adjustable to match the required case dimensions.
- First, an operator feeds the covers into the gluing rollers.
- Covers are then placed onto the vacuum conveyor table and centralised using the light bar
- The vacuum table will activate and the board guides will lower automatically
- The grey boards and spine are then positioned and pressed onto the cover
- Pressing the foot pedal lifts the board guides and activates the conveyor belt
- The cover and boards are driven into the first turning in module
- The first section closes the leading and trailing edge of the case
- Next the corners are pressed to form a perfect edge
- On exit from the first module the case then drops into a motorised conveyor that transports it into the 2nd turning in module
- Two remaining edges are turned in
- Covers are then ejected onto the adjustable catch tray
- Once ejected each case is immediately usable.
The GC-480 Pro 4 Case Making solution is infinitely flexible and offers far more than just hard case production. The combination of an integrated professional gluing machine, vacuum table and pressing only function also allows easy and professional production of a wide range of products including.
- Layered business cards
- Board mounting of posters
- Photo framing
- Clip boards
- Ring binders
- Single piece binding covers
All Grafcut products integrate cutting edge technology with state of the art electronic componentry. Incorporating Delta PLC Controllers, SICK Safety Systems & Omron Electronics. All of which are compliant to the very latest developments in EN Standards and CE Compliance.
All aspects of the manufacturing process, from plate steel to powder coating, is completed by Grafcut in Opatow, Poland. This attention to detail guarantees exemplary quality throughout their product range. Over 15 years of manufacturing expertise goes into every Grafcut product. Their case making ranges have been specially developed with detailed knowledge of the industry having represented other machinery manufacturers for many years. This knowledge with a passion to create the best possible products has lead to the development and success of their case making systems.
5 Reasons to Buy a Grafcut GC-480 Pro 4
- Automated edge turning on all 4 sides in a single pass
- Professional gluing capabilities – No need for sticky back sheets
- Compatible with both hot and cold glue
- Fast production speeds – up to 300 cases per hour
- Offers a wide variety of applications
Typical Applications – Grafcut GC-480 Pro
- Production of Hard Back Books
- Photograph Albums
- Wedding Albums
- Production of Ring Binders
- Production of Clip Boards
- Mounting Posters or Prints to Board
- Single Piece Board Mounting
Introducing our unique Alliance Package. Our support does not cease once we make the sale or agree on a deal. At AfterPrint Ltd we are unique; our aim is to develop long-term business relationships that ensure you return to buy again when the time comes.
To ensure we are offering the most comprehensive package all of our Digital Finishing Solutions come complete with our unique Alliance Service Package. This package ensures your new purchase is taken care of correctly from day 1 and throughout your ownership of the product, to do this we include:
- A Pre-Delivery Inspection is conducted on every machine prior to shipment
- A site survey will be conducted prior to shipping to ensure the delivery goes smoothly
- Specialist instrument logistics companies with freight insurance are used for delivery
- All deliveries are completed with Tail-Lift equipped vehicles & a minimum two-person team
- Customers are offered suitable timed delivery slots with a 2 Hour delivery window
- Our Installation Team will arrive at an agreed time to complete the installation (Normally on the same day as the delivery unless otherwise specified)
- The installation team will complete a thorough check of all processes and operations of the machine against the PDI checklist
- If the machine has been split into smaller components for delivery, the installation team will re-build the machine onsite
- Standard installation is ground floor with direct access, splitting the machine and re-building will not incur extra charges
- Installations required on upper floors will require lift access or extra charges will be incurred. All charges will be made clear and agreed upon before the installation date.
- Training will be conducted by our trained and certified Specialist Training Team
- Training includes Best Working Practices for Safe Operation, General Operation, Make Ready, Clean Down & Case Production
- All trained operatives will be issued with an official training certificate from our Certified Trainers (Certificates are created and posted within 7-10 days of training completion)
- Training is completed in small groups of up to three people maximum
- Training is normally completed on the same day as the installation
12 Month Manufacturer Warranty
- Manufacturer Warranty on all parts from the date of installation
- All Manufacturer warranties do not include labour, travel or identifying of parts (See Service Section)
12 Month Alliance Service Benefits
- 20% Discount on All Parts (Discount will be taken from Standard UK Sales Price of each Part)
- Direct Technical Team Access on the first phone call to discuss the fault (this will speed up any part requirements and offer a solution if possible that the operator can implement)
- Guaranteed next day appointment for an engineer to be onsite (Technical team will allocate during the initial phone conversation and confirm)
- Technical Team will identify if parts could be needed to resolve the issue, parts will be dispatched the same day so the engineer can meet parts on-site and perform the repair
- Parts will only be requested for payment once the parts are fitted and the machine is operational (All parts will be paid on account)
- 3 Month Warranty on all parts we fit (Manufacturer standard warranty is 30 days)
- No Call-Out Charges for Emergency Calls
- No Travel Charges for Emergency Calls
- No Labour Charges (Includes all-time on-site under normal contract conditions)
- 2 Preventative Maintenance visits per annum
- Call out priority given to customers on an agreement (Contracts will take precedence over an Ad-Hoc call out)
- Unlimited Emergency Call Outs – Within reason, Excludes intentional damage
- Free Technical Advice on how to set up machinery or complete certain tasks